All the Sky Sports articles written by Dan Long in April…
Saturday 1 April 2017
- Hull City 2-1 West Ham: Andy Robertson and Andrea Ranocchia hand Tigers priceless win
- WATCH: Hull 2-1 West Ham
- Slaven Bilic ‘aware’ of speculation surrounding job as he bemoans set pieces conceded
- Marco Silva lauds his ‘confident’ Tigers after West Ham win
- WATCH: West Ham’s Darren Randolph gets lucky!
Saturday 8 April 2017
- Middlesbrough 0-0 Burnley LIVE!
- Middlesbrough 0-0 Burnley: Born edge closer to the drop
- Agnew praises Boro spirit
- Dyche pleased with Boro draw
Tuesday 11 April 2017
I’d been scheduled to cover the Champions League quarter-final between Borussia Dortmund and AS Monaco on this shift but when the team news failed to come in at 6.45pm, I realised something wasn’t quite right. As we now know, the Dortmund team bus was subjected to an explosive attack in which Marc Bartra sustained injuries to his arm.
Thus, my live blog was converted to that of a breaking news story and I covered the aftermath of the postponed game in Germany. I broke the news of the attack before it was aired on Sky Sports News and my work was subsequently praised by Sky Sports News Executive Editor, Andy Thompson.
The blog was used for the rescheduled game the following evening, but if you scroll down to the bottom of this link, you will see the work I carried out that evening.
Saturday 15 April 2017
- Watford 1-0 Swansea LIVE!
- Watford 1-0 Swansea: Capoue prolongs Swansea misery
- Walter Mazzarri says Watford are not safe ‘until the maths says so’
- Paul Clement singles out Swansea’s meeting with Stoke as a ‘must win’
- Zinedine Zidane praises Real Madrid attitude after 3-2 win at Sporting Gijon